Do you love working with young people and want a fun way to make some cash during weekends & recess?
As a Camp Counselor at First One Adventures, you will play a crucial role in creating a safe, fun, and memorable experience for campers. You will be responsible for supervising and engaging campers in a variety of outdoor activities, providing guidance and support, and fostering a positive and inclusive camp environment. Your enthusiasm, leadership skills, and ability to connect with campers will contribute to the overall success of the camp program.
This role is casual at First One Adventures. You are invited to be part of the camp staff as per the
camp schedule, throughout the year.
- Camper Supervision: Ensure the safety and well-being of campers at all times. Supervise campers during meals, activities, and rest periods. Monitor behavior and enforce camp rules and policies.
- Activity Planning and Facilitation: Assist in the planning and implementation of camp activities and programs. Lead or assist with various outdoor activities, such as hiking, canoeing, archery, team-building games, arts and crafts, and campfire activities. Ensure activities are age-appropriate, engaging, and promote skill development.
- Camper Engagement: Foster a positive and inclusive camp community by building relationships with campers. Create a supportive and encouraging environment that promotes personal growth, teamwork, and respect. Encourage campers to participate and try new activities.
- Role Model and Mentorship: Serve as a positive role model for campers by demonstrating enthusiasm, respect, and responsibility. Encourage campers to develop independence, decision-making skills, and problem-solving abilities. Provide guidance and support to campers, offering advice and assistance when needed.
- Safety and First Aid: Follow all safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe camp environment. Be knowledgeable about emergency procedures and respond appropriately to emergencies or incidents. Provide basic first aid and ensure campers receive necessary medical attention when required.
- Communication and Documentation: Maintain open and effective communication with campers, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members. Keep accurate records of camper behavior, incident reports, and any necessary documentation. Provide feedback and updates to camp leadership as needed.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Work collaboratively with other camp staff to create a positive and cohesive team environment. Participate in staff meetings, training, and team-building activities. Support fellow staff members and contribute to a positive camp culture.
Previous experience working with children or in a camp setting is preferred.
- Skills: Good communication skills, leadership abilities, and a passion for working with children are important qualities for a Camp Counsellor.
- Availability: Camp Counsellors are generally required to be available for the duration of the camp program, which may include weekends and overnight stays.
- Background Checks: Campze may conduct background checks, including criminal record checks, as part of the hiring process.
Campze may have specific application procedures and deadlines for Camp Counsellor positions, so it’s advisable to follow their instructions and submit your application accordingly.
Good luck with your application, and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask!